- Data that we process
- How do we process your data and on what legal grounds?
- Your rights
- Recipients of your personal data
- Storage of your personal data
- Servers and international data transfers
- Data protection officer
Identification of the Data Controller
Newlite Lighting Technology S.L., as the holder of the Newlite® trademark, informs Users of its Website newlitehorticulture.com that in using the Website, the following personal data are collected and processed:
1. Personal data that we process
We process the personal data that you provide to us and other data generated within the context of your activity on our Website, such as the operations you carry out, provided the collection thereof is permitted by law.
Bear in mind that the information marked mandatory is essential to complete the order, pay for it and send you the product, according to the selected delivery method, and failure to provide it will make it impossible for us to process your order.
(a) Information that you provide to us
We may process the following categories of personal data provided by you on completing the form required for online purchasing transactions:
Identity data, such as your name, surname, gender, ID, telephone, email and postal address.
Bank data, such as the data of the card used to pay for the order, account against which the charges or direct debits are made, etc.
Data related to browsing, such as information collected through cookies.
(b) Other information that concerns you
Lastly, we may also collected data obtained when you use the Website, such as the transactions performed, website browsing and when you contact us through the Customer Service Department.
2. How do we process your data and on what legal grounds?
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes and on the legal grounds set out below:
- To manage your order, process payment thereof and send you the order, including responding to your queries, complaints, suggestions or questions in relation to your purchase through the different methods provided in this respect, all of the above on the basis of the application of pre-contractual measures or the execution of the sale-purchase contract available at the following URL https://newlitehorticulture.com/legal-notice.
- To respond to your queries, suggestions or questions submitted through the different methods provided, in cases in which you have not previously placed an order and have given your consent. The main purposes (managing your order) will not be subject to your giving your consent for this specific processing of your personal data.
- For fraud prevention purposes, in the event of detecting that the client has this intention.
- Furthermore, the processing of your personal data aims to satisfy the legitimate interest of Newlite® in centralising the processing operations of its clients (customer service department, responding to doubts, suggestions and questions, etc.) in order to offer you a better and more personalised service.
- To process and communicate your data within the scope of preparatory and review actions and acts prior to any commercial operations, such as the following among others: merger, division, global transfer of assets and liabilities, contribution or transfer of business or a branch of business activity or any corporate restructuring operation of a similar nature contemplated by commercial law, and within the scope of the above commercial operations.
3. Your rights
You have the right to ask Newlite® to confirm to you whether or not it is processing your personal data and, as the case may be, to request access to your personal data and to certain information about processing (purposes, data categories processed and recipients, among other aspects) (right to access).
You also have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate data (right to rectification) and the erasure of such data when, among other reasons, they are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected (right to erasure). In certain circumstances (for instance, if the data subject challenges the accuracy of the data while the accuracy thereof is checked), you may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, and they will only be processed for the purposes of exercising or defending claims (right to limitation of processing).
Lastly, you have the option of exercising your right to the portability of your data, i.e., to receive the personal data in a structured format for common use and mechanical reading and transfer them to another data controller without the controller providing such data preventing you from doing so, in the cases foreseen by law for such purposes (right to portability of the data). Similarly, in those cases in which the processing of your data is based on your consent, you will have the right to withdraw such consent at any time without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to withdrawal.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons related to your particular situation when it is based on the legitimate interest of Newlite® or a third party and in particular, when the purpose is the performing of direct marketing activities. In this case, our Company will stop such processing, unless legitimate reasons to continue such processing are accredited.
You should remember that you have the right to submit a claim to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, particularly in cases when the exercise of your rights has been impaired.
4. Recipients of your personal data
Our Company may share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- In the event of default or the detection of suspicious operations by the Client, the Company holding the Newlite® trademark may transfer your personal data to the Authorities and to the Company’s external legal services.
- The following categories of service providers required by Newlite® to manage Client orders: providers of authentication and access services, marketing services (including cloud marketing), website analysis services, payment processing services, data erasure and digitalisation services and home delivery services.
5. Storage of your personal data
We will keep your personal data for 24 months after the delivery of your order, in case you request certain information that may require access to personal data processed in the context of your order. Once that period has expired, your personal data will be duly cancelled, i.e., blocked during the period of limitation of liabilities arising from processing and eventually erased.
6. Servers and international data transfers
The Company holding the Newlite® trademark will store and process the client’s personal data in computer services located in Spain which benefit from the protection of the standard clauses on personal data protection implemented by the European Commission and the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
Likewise, some third party providers to whom we will transfer the cookie identifiers (only if you have previously given your consent for this purpose) may be located in countries without the same levels of personal data protection as those of Spain. In both these cases, we inform you that the appropriate guarantees will be implemented to ensure that the personal data are at all times properly safeguarded, regardless of the country in question. To that end we will ensure that the entity receiving the data has adhered to the Privacy Shield programme agreed between the European Commission and the US Administration; and/or has signed the standard clauses adopted by the European Commission and/or has adopted binding corporate regulations and/or used any other admitted mechanism and/or, as applicable, the respective authorisation will be obtained from the Director of the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
7. Data protection officer
If you wish, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: Delegado de Protección de Datos de Newlite®, Calle Jarra 59, 14540, La Rambla, Córdoba, Spain, or by email at [email protected].