A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your browser terminal when you access our Website. Among other things, cookies allow the Website to store and retrieve information about your visit and your browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which you use your terminal, they may be used to recognise the User; all the above is for the purpose of facilitating your next visit and making a more effective use of our Website. Cookies play a very important role and help to create a better browsing experience for the User.
For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
2. Purpose of cookies
Cookies are used to capture information about the User’s browsing habits in order to analyse them and find out how the User interacts with newlitehorticulture.com and thus optimise their browsing experience.
3. Types of cookies
Cookies are classified into a series of categories, as shown below. Nonetheless, it should be considered that a cookie may be included in more than one category.
Cookie types depending on the entity that manages them:
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and the data obtained are processed, there are the following types:
– First-party cookies: these are sent to the terminal of the User from a computer or domain managed by the editor, from which the service requested by the User is provided.
– Third-party cookies: these are sent to the terminal of the User from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity which processes the data obtained through the cookies.
If the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor but the information obtained by them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
Types of cookies depending on the time they remain active.
Depending on the time the cookies remain active in the terminal, the following cookie types exist:
– Session cookies: these are cookies designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a website. They are normally used to store information that only needs to be kept to provide the service requested by a User on one occasion (such as purchasing a product).
– Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data continue to be stored in the terminal and may be accessed and processed for a defined period of time by the entity responsible for the cookie, which may vary from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies based on their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are processed, they may be:
– Technical cookies: these are cookies that allow the User to browse a website, platform or app and use the different options or services it offers, such as controlling traffic and communicating data, identifying the session, accessing areas with restricted access, remembering the items of an order, performing the purchase process of an order, applying for registration or taking part in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing contents for the diffusion of video or audio and sharing contents through social media.
– Personalisation cookies: these permit the User to access the service with features of a general nature, pre-defined in accordance with a series of criteria in the User’s terminal, such as the language, type of browser through which they access the service, regional settings of the site from which they access the service, etc.
– Analysis cookies: these allow the entity responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered by such cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, apps or platforms and to prepare the browsing profiles of the users of those sites, apps and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the data related to how the users make use of the service.
– Advertising cookies: these permit the management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising space included by the editor on a website, app or platform from which the requested service is provided, on the basis of criteria such as the edited content or frequency used to display the advertisements.
– Behavioural advertising cookies: these cookies permit the Management, in the most efficient way, of the advertising space included by the editor on a website, app or platform from which the requested service is provided. They store information about user behaviour obtained from the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus permitting the creation of a specific profile for displaying advertisements, depending on said profile.
Cookies used on the Newlite® Website
The cookies used, along with their type and function, are identified below:
The Newlite Website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service developed by Google that permits website browsing measurement and analysis. You may observe cookies from this service in your terminal. Depending on the above types, they may be first-party, session and analysis cookies.
Through the website analysis, information is obtained about the number of users who access the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of the visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used and the city to which their IP address is assigned. This information allows said website to provide a better and more appropriate service.
To guarantee anonymity, Google will convert your data into anonymous data by truncating the IP address before storing it, so that Google Analytics cannot be used to locate or obtain personal, identifiable information about the site visitors. Google can only send the information obtained by Google Analytics to third parties when it is legally obliged to do so. In accordance with the Google Analytics service provision conditions, Google will not link your IP address to any other data stored by Google.
We use the following cookies:
– Analysis cookies (Google Analytics): they permit the tracking and analysis of the User’s behaviour in order to make improvements depending on the way in which the User uses the Website and its services. As indicated by Google, Google Analytics, it is a free website analysis tool provided by Google which mainly allows website owners to see how Users interact with their website. Likewise, it enables cookies in the domain of the website where you are located and uses a set of cookies called “__utma” and “__utmz” to gather information anonymously and prepare website trend reports without identifying individual users.
– Analysis cookies (Scorecardresearch): these permit the tracking and analysis of the User in order to make improvements depending on the way in which they use the website and the services. It gathers anonymous information about browsing habits.
– Technical cookies: they allow the User to browse the website and use the different options or services.
Furthermore, to present the data gathered by Google Analytics in the form of graphs, we use Google Data Studio, a viewing tools that does not install cookies or gather personal data of Users. It is started up through the Website and requires no local applications.
4. Third-party cookies
We use the following cookies:
– Analysis cookies (Google Analytics): specifically, the cookies used are:
For more information about Google Analytics visit:
– General cookies: we use the following cookies:
– Temporary cookies: the following are used:
5. Blocking cookies
Users can reject our option of using cookies in their computer by changing their browser settings, but this will give a less satisfactory browsing experience and even a defective one.
The browser settings can be changed to reject to accept cookies, or the browser can be set to automatically erase these cookies automatically once the browser, computer or device has been closed. The browser cookie settings can be changed as follows:
For Google Chrome in Settings>Privacy>Content settings>Cookies
For Firefox in Preferences>Privacy
For Internet Explorer in Tools>Internet options>Privacy>Advanced
For Safari in Preferences>Privacy